We are gearing up for back-to-school in our house and spending lots of time shopping and picking up the essentials. For us, back-to-school always seems a little hectic. We spend the few first weeks of school adjusting to new routines and after-school obligations. Because of this we like to keep things simple and that often means simple meals. A family favorite for these simpler times is French Bread Pizza.
French Bread Pizza is one of the easiest dinners to prepare and allows you to customize the pizzas based on the likings of each family member. Plus, they are super easy to make with the kids.
To begin making our French Bread Pizza we picked up a nice loaf of fresh french bread. We then brushed it with olive oil and crushed garlic before topping it with our favorite toppings. We made a few varieties including plain cheese, white broccoli pizza, pepperoni and ham. The boys did everything from chopping the ingredients to loading on the layers of toppings.
Before placing in the oven, we topped with additional parmesan cheese and drizzled it with olive oil.
It literally was done in 10 minutes from start to finish. How’s that for a super simple back-to-school night meal. You could even whip up a loaf or two for a hearty after school snack.
- 1 large loaf of french bread, split
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni, ham, broccoli or any other topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the bread on baking sheet. Top each roll with sauce, cheese, and toppings as desired. Place in oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly and the toppings are heated through. Turn broiler on and place pizza under broiler for 2 minutes until edges are crisp. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for Back to School // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pancake Muffins // Momma Lew
- Pizza Dippers for School Lunch // Finding Zest
- Ham and Cheese Bites // We’re Parents
- 115 Healthy After School Snacks Your Kid Will Love // Eating Richly
- Banana Almond Overnight Oats // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Zucchini Cookies // O’Boy! Organic
- Back to School Lunch: Smiley Face PB&J // My Mini Adventurer