This post contains affiliate links.
Yesterday I went to my first spin class. Class started a little early so I had to rush home from work and come up with a quick and simple dinner. I happened to have some Naan bread in my pantry and some fresh peppers. In a true use-what-you-got moment, I whipped up some 3 Pepper Naan Pizza. This is one of those recipes that is so simple but is not lacking in flavor. In fact, my husband loved these so much he requested them again on Sunday when we watch the big game!
I am obsessed with Naan bread. I use them for quick pizzas, like this 3 Pepper Naan Pizza, serve them warm with hummus or filled with sliced chicken for a quasi-wrap or gyro. My kids even enjoy Naan bread in their lunch boxes. It’s a great pantry staple. You can find Naan in your local grocery stores. Check out the bakery aisle or where they sell the breads. At my local grocery store (Shoprite) it is in the bakery department. I have also found Naan in Target near the produce section where the sell the fresh-baked goods and breads. You can pick up a pack of Naan for about $2.99.
This recipe for 3 Pepper Naan Pizza can be served as a meal or cut into triangles or squares as a quick appetizer.
- 2 packages of Naan (each pack has 2 Naan)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 small habanero peppers (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup picked jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thinly slice red, orange, yellow and habanero peppers. Thinly slice onion, shallot and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to frying pan and cook onions, shallots and garlic until translucent over medium heat. Add peppers and cook until peppers are soft. In separate frying pan, add canned diced tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced, stirring often. Place naan bread on pizza pans or cookie sheets. Brush naan bread with olive oil and top all four pieces of naan with tomato mixture. Then top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Evenly distribute pepper, onion and shallot mixture on all four pieces of naan. Top evenly with jalapenos and parsley. Bake in oven on pizza pans or cookie sheets for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from pans and place directly on oven rack under broiler for another 5 minutes (watch closely so it doesn't burn) to slightly char naan and crisp up the bottom. Remove from oven, place on cutting board and cut into pieces. Serve warm.
Can’t handle the heat? No worries, I’ve got some other great recipes that would also be perfect for the big game or anytime for that matter.
Sausage and Cheese Crescents by The Vintage Mom
Best Layer Dip by Sisters to Sons
Pepperoni Bread by Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom
Asian Chicken Meatballs by Souffle Bombay
Potato Panko Coconut Shrimp by Teaspoon of Spice
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps.