I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Sunshine Sweet Corn from Florida. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions are 100% my own. #HuskYeah
As the weather gets warmer, my family again excitedly plans for meals on the grill and dinner on the patio with friends and family. Whether in a salad, homemade salsa, or straight off the cob, Sunshine Sweet Corn adds a perfect balance of sweetness to our meals that the whole family enjoys. In season and ready to enjoy this spring, Sunshine Sweet Corn from Florida makes for a sweet and nutritious addition to meals.
Sunshine Sweet, is your best guarantee for a delicious, sweet tasting corn in April and May. I recently used Sunshine Sweet Corn from Florida to make a delicious confetti corn with sausage recipe and it was the ideal side for a gorgeous steak meal.
There’s something about the sight of fresh corn, and the act of husking it, that makes me so ready for lighter, fresher meals that don’t skimp on flavor.
The GGG boys even got into some fun corn husking action with a little corn tug-o-war. Husking sweet corn is a fun activity for your little ones this spring. (You can even get in on the husking corn fun by sharing your adorable photos and using the hashtag #HuskYeah.)
Once the corn was husked I stripped the ears of corn of their kernels to prepare them for the confetti corn salad.
Next, I heated a large cooking pan with two tablespoons of reserved bacon fat (if you don’t have bacon fat use olive oil) and sautéed a large chopped onion and two garlic cloves until translucent. I then added chopped green, yellow and red peppers to the onions and garlic, followed closely by a chopped tomato, the corn kernels and chopped sausage. I seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and finished with some fresh, chopped parsley.
It is literally a simple, yet flavorful, dish that can wow a crowd. I like to serve family style with a fresh lime to finish for a nice burst of acid and freshness.
Confetti Corn with Sausage
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat heated
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1/2 large green pepper diced
- 1/2 large orange pepper diced
- 1/2 large red pepper diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn 4 cups
- 1 cup cooked sweet sausage diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the bacon fat over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, until soft. Stir in the three types of peppers and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Over medium heat, add the corn, tomato and sausage salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn is cooked and softens to remove its starchiness. Season to taste, gently stir in the parsley, and serve hot.
So, as you prepare for warmer weather, make sure you have a nice supply of Sunshine Sweet Corn from Florida on hand so you can make this Confetti Corn with Sausage recipe for a dish that pleases even the hardest to please dinner guest.
It’s just so tasty!
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
This is a sponsored post. As always, opinions are my own. #HuskYeah