Yum! When can we make this again? Those were the sentiments heard across my house on Sunday morning after sinking our teeth into this delicious Breakfast Naan Pizza. The GGG boys and I have another grand slam on our hands and it’s in the form of naan bread, various breakfast meats and a warm, runny egg.
We live to weekend breakfasts. After a busy week of working, school and hectic mornings, we look forward to the weekends when we can take our time and put together a good breakfast. Our good breakfast days usually take place on Sundays since we don’t have any sports or early obligations.
For this past Sunday we had a busy day on our hands which meant we needed to get right to work, hence the pajamas and bed head for the GGG boys.
Once the ingredients were assembled the GGG boys quickly got to work making our pizzas by spreading cheese on the naan bread and then topping with the bacon, Canadian ham and sausage pieces.
After the naan was topped with all of the fixings the real fun for the GGG boys took place – the cracking of the egg. What kid doesn’t like cracking eggs? As much as we cook in the kitchen the boys still get super excited whenever its time to crack and egg.
Pretty fun stuff, right?
The end result was out of the this world. It’s the best of both worlds combined, breakfast foods and pizza. What’s not to love? Doesn’t get more kid-friendly than this.
Breakfast Naan Pizza
- 4 pieces of Naan bread
- 6 strips of turkey bacon sliced
- 2 pieces of Canadian hame chopped
- 4 sausage links chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fry the bacon in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Let cool and cut into small pieces. Chop Canadian ham into small pieces, cook until browned. Cook sausage until browned, slice into pieces. Place the Naan bubble side up on a baking tray, sprinkle with mozzarella cheeses, cooked bacon, cooked Canadian ham and cooked sausage. Crack one egg onto each piece of Naan and season with salt and pepper. Do not break yolk. Place Naan on middle rack of preheated 400F oven and heat for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the egg yolks are cooked. For a more kid-friendly version, cook egg longer. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the parsley and green onions. Slice and serve immediately.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- S’mores Stacks // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pesto Made with Peas // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Mango Italian Ice // Baby Loving Mama
- Chicken and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich // We’re Parents
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Breakfast Naan Pizza // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Slow Cooker Bean Tortellini Soup // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Lunches Kids Can Prepare Themselves // O’Boy! Organic
- Candy Pizza // Can’t Google Everything