Get Game Day Ready with this Cheesy Black-Eyed Pea Jalapeño Dip. This is a sponsored post. Enjoy this delicious black-eyed pea dip.
Can I just tell you how excited I am for the big game this weekend? I just love the fun of the night, between the exciting game, fun commercials and delicious foods, it is like Christmas all over for me. All football gatherings need an array of delicious dip options and Lipton® Recipe Secrets has got you covered. Make entertaining easy with this quick, crowd-pleasing Cheesy Black-Eyed Pea Jalapeño Dip. The perfect hot, black-eyed pea dip for a winning game day.
The heart of this recipe is Lipton® Recipe Secrets at Walmart, which can be found in the soup aisle.
Along with the Lipton® Recipe Secrets, this recipe also calls for black-eyed peas, sour cream, diced jalapenos and shredded cheese.
To begin, I drained a 15 oz. can of black-eyed peas and mashed them with a potato masher to mash them up.
I then added the sour cream, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, jalapenos and cheddar cheese and combined all of the ingredients until fully mixed.
The black-eyed pea dip was then spread into a baking dish and topped with additional cheese before placing in a preheated oven to 350 degrees and baking for 15 minutes.
To serve, I topped the black-eyed pea dip with sliced green onions and then paired it with baby carrots and tortilla chips.
This black-eyed pea dip is a nice alternative to traditional bean dips and has the perfect amount of spice from the jalapeno and the ooey-gooey cheese taste that is what you’d expect from a hot bean dip.
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°. Place black-eyed peas in a large bowl and use a fork or potato masher to mash up. Add sour cream, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix, jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Mix well and place in a baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 15 - 20 minutes, or until hot and lightly browned. Serve dip with fresh vegetables and tortilla chips
Looking for even more game day recipes? Check these other Lipton® recipes and get ready to get snacking!
This is a sponsored post. As always opinions are my own.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.