This is a sponsored post in partnership with the Mother Bruce book. This post contains affiliate links.
It’s another Mini Chef Monday and today we are having a little fun in the kitchen that is sure to be a “beary” good time with these adorable Best Claw Coookies and a Mother Bruce book.
We had a whirlwind weekend that started with Thanksgiving, followed by Black Friday shopping, Christmas decorating and a little time with friends and family. So, on Sunday, we decided to take things a little slow and not rush to get out of our pajamas until a little later in the morning (hence the bed head and pajama pictures to follow).
We started our Bear Claw Cookies by assembling all of our ingredients: sugar, eggs, vanilla, butter, chocolate powder and crisp rice cereal. Having ingredients ready and measured out makes cooking with the kids so much easier – and keeps me sane.
With the ingredients ready, the boys were ready to start.
Once all of the wet and dry ingredients were added, the dough had to chill for 1 hour, which was the perfect time to get dressed and ready for our day.
After about an hour we removed the dough from the refrigerator and began scooping our cookies.
The GGG boys took turns making cookies and reading the Mother Bruce book – which the boys said was “hilarious!”
About the Book
Bruce the bear likes to keep to himself. That, and eat eggs. But when his hard-boiled goose eggs turn out to be real, live goslings, he starts to lose his appetite. And even worse, the goslings are convinced he’s their mother. Bruce tries to get the geese to go south, but he can’t seem to rid himself of his new companions. What’s a bear to do?
These Bear Claw Cookies were so simple to make, and tasty too! My little bear was certainly pleased with how they turned out.
Bear Claw Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips melted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Place melted chocolate in a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. For bear claws, pipe three small dabs of chocolate on each cookie; top each with an almond.
The boys finished the cooking my adding the “toes” and our Bear Claw Cookies were ready to be enjoyed with a glass of milk and a good book!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well.
- Teddy Bear English Muffins // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mother Bruce Teddy Bear Toast – Mini Chef Mondays
// Momma Lew
- Cream Cheese Bear Claws // Baby Loving Mama
- Sweet Potato Stew // We’re Parents
- Mother Bruce’s Lemonade Cake // Frugal Novice
- How To Scramble Eggs // Eating Richly
- Bear Claw Cookies // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Deviled Eggs with Capers // Vegging at the Shore
- Bacon & Broccoli Mini Quiches // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Ham and Vegetable Quiche Cups // O’Boy! Organic
- Teddy Bear Picnic // Can’t Google Everything
Get your copy of Mother Bruce today!
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
Stay Connected With Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps: Twitter Ι Instagram Ι YouTube Ι Facebook Ι Email Me