Back to school season is finally coming to an end. Today I sent my oldest son off to first grade. First grade is such a big deal (in case you didn’t know) and I have to admit, I was probably more nervous about it than he was. I even teared up when I saw him getting on the bus. As I write this post I am anxiously awaiting his return to hear all about his day.
All week I have been sharing photos of the boys’ packed lunches on my the GGG Facebook page but wanted to also take a moment to compile several more of my past lunches for a quick post on 9 Easy Lunch Ideas for Kids. I have been using these lunch box containers for quite some time now and they have been great for us and have really simplified our lunch packing. All 9 of the lunch ideas featured in this post were packed in these containers. Here’s a summary of what was in the “box.”
- Turkey and Bacon Kabob over Bed of Greens; Carrots and Ranch Dip; Black, Pitted Olives and Croutons, Cheerio Trial Mix, Cantaloupe and Blueberry mix. Sides include Pretzel Crisps, Cookies & Creme Cupcake and a juice box.
- Brown Rice, Shelled Edamame and Avocado; Pineapple and Cashews
- Cheese Quesadilla; Smoothie; Carrots and Ranch Dip; Grapes and Side of Chips
- Pepperoni Bread; Cheese Stick; Cheez-Its; Green Beans and Orange Wedges
- Cheese Tortellini Skewers with Pizza Sauce to dip; Edamame; Marshmallows and a Box of Raisins
- Ham and Cheese “Pumpkin” Tortilla Melt; Baby Carrots; Graham Crackers and Peanut Butter; Grapes and a Strawberry
- Pineapple and Ham Mini Kabobs; Graham Crackers and Peanut Butter; Strawberries and Pumpkin Seed and Almond Mix
- Pinto Beans, Bacon and Corn; Tortilla Chips; Fresh Plum and a Bag of Raisins
- Turkey Bacon, Cheese and Avocado Wrap; Pea Crisps and Almond and Cranberry Mix
I usually complete the lunches by adding a box of shelf stable milk, a frozen yogurt tube or a juice box or bottle of water. Of course, I always include a special treat for a dose of Vitamin H (or Vitamin Happy) for a little something sweet. I can tell you – my lunch boxes ALWAYS come home empty and my boys are satisfied, healthy eaters.
Hope these 9 easy lunch ideas for kids help make your lunch packing a little less stressful!
Stay tuned next week as I share news on a new lunch box I tested out. From my initial review I already love it and think it will be amazing for incorporating even more lunch box options.