Of course I am in full-blown back-to-school mode. In addition to the everyday school lunch pressure I also have the added stress of preparing dinner on the fly two evenings a week while my son participates in soccer. He has weekly, evening soccer practice which happens right in the middle of dinnertime. So, we either find ourselves eating dinner super fast or at the soccer field.
The key to fun food-on-a-stick ideas is to keep them fresh, flavorful and interesting. I love to idea of portable meals and these five Simple Kid-Friendly Lunch on a Stick Ideas are some of my boys’ favorites. What makes them even better is they are also perfect for dinnertime and when you are on-the-go.
1. Cheese, Pepperoni and Croutons on a stick is the perfect balance of protein and crunch. I like to serve these with pizza sauce or hummus for dipping.
2. Soft Pretzel and Hot Dog Bites make this food-on-a-stick option feel like your little one is at a baseball game rather than at school. Serve these with yellow mustard for the perfect dipping side.
3. Classic Peanut Butter & Jelly with Sliced Apples combines comfort food with fresh fruit. The apples add a great crunch.
4. Chicken Quesadilla and Corn is perfect for kids who stray from traditional sandwiches. Serve alongside salsa for the perfect tex-mex treat.
5. Grilled Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes. Does it get any simpler than this? Think about the classic grilled cheese with a fresh slice of tomato. Great for kids who like variety in their lunch boxes and just so you know, grilled cheese sandwiches pack well.
Happy Back-to-School season! Let’s all meet at the bus stop on the first day of school with our spiked cups of coffee and toast one another for making it through the summer.
Think outside the bun and give these five simple kid-friendly lunch on a stick ideas a try!
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps