I love quick, weekend getaways. My family and I are big vacationers and take about two large trips a year. We also take advantage of weekend trips regularly to keep that vacation feeling going all-year-long.
A couple of weeks ago my family and I headed to Florham Park to the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center. Wyndham Hamilton Park is situated on 13 acres in Morris County and is 18 miles from Newark airport, 40 minutes from New York City and close to many local attractions.
We stayed in a double room which featured two double beds, complimentary wireless internet access, HD flat panel TV and pool-front view.
The bathroom amenities included nice selections from Bath & Body Works and plush towels. The shower also had great pressure which is so important to me when staying at a hotel.
In addition to hotel-like amenities the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center also offered several different on-site dining amenities. The on-site dining amenities included STIR Wine and Martini bar, Vanderbilt’s sports bar and ARRIVE. My family and I ate most of the weekend at ARRIVE.
We particularly enjoyed their breakfast buffet at ARRIVE. The breakfast buffet was perfect for every member of our family because there was something for everyone. We enjoyed the omelet and waffle station, the fresh fruit and yogurt bar, smoothies, muffins and bagels and breakfast staples such as eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage.
Check out the waffles – I totally indulged!
The hotel also had a complimentary shuttle which we used to take us the downtown Morristown area and a 24-hour fitness center which featured indoor/outdoor lap pools and whirlpools and saunas. I took my youngest down at around 10:00 pm for a late night swim and we had the pool area all to ourselves.
If you are considering staying at the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center here are a few more tips you will need to know for the hotel:
1. The hotel is close to area attractions such as Farleigh Dickinson University and the Jets practice facility. It is also close to lots of businesses in the area which makes it a great location for business travel.
2. The hotel is also minutes away from The Mall at Short Hills
3. There is a nice fire pit area near the pool where you can gather with family or friends during the evening
4. Both Vanderbilts and ARRIVE have outdoor eating area
5. If you are traveling with family, know that Vanderbilts does have a no-child policy after certain hours so keep that in mind if you are looking for something to eat after hours – you may want to opt for in-room dining.
Our stay at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center was an enjoyable one. It was a great, little family getaway and a nice way to relax for the weekend.
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center is certainly GGG approved!
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
I received complimentary stay at the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center through a travel campaign with New Creative Media. All opinions expressed are 100% my own and my family’s. Any additional expenses incurred were my own.