A couple of weeks ago I traveled to Morristown, NJ for a travel opportunity with a local hotel. It was about a two-hour road trip from our home. I love visiting new areas and exploring different spots with my family.
One of the locations we visited over the weekend was The Mall at Short Hills. For those who are local to this area I am sure you are giggling at me – she went to the mall? Yes, I did. Totally. You see, I do not have a great mall close to my house. Our mall is rather blah. So, Short Hills folks – be grateful – your mall is pretty fantastic.
Of course, no trip to a new location would be complete for GGG without checking out the food scene. In this instance I checked out some of the foodie stores. The Short Hills Mall did not disappoint. Here are my Top 5 Foodie Stores at The Mall at Short Hills:
1. O & Co. – A store primarily based around olive oil. Talk about foodie heaven. In addition to a wide variety of olive oils they also have other gourmet specialties including vinegars, tapenades, sauces and sweets. You could even taste the oils before you purchase them.
2. La Maison du Chocolat – “The Chocolate Mansion” is a foodie-lovers dream. This Parisian chocolatier has delicacies including chocolate ganaches, pralines, macarons and hot chocolate.
3. Williams-Sonoma – I was fortunate enough to win a $100 gift card from a food competition that’s been burning a whole in my pocket for quite some time. I stopped by the Williams-Sonoma store to see if I could finally spend my small fortune. I eyed up a Vitamix and a new toaster oven. Hubby and I couldn’t agree on what to get so the gift card is still waiting to be spent.
4. Teavana – I always stop in Teavana wherever I go. I like to look at the teas, try some samples and gaze at the wide assortment of tea kettles and tea cups. Teavana is an experience and makes me feel so calm and zen and we all know I could use a little more zen in my life.
5. Macarons and Cookies by Woops – According to Martha Stewart, macarons are the next cupcakes in terms of the food craze. This store was filled with macarons and cookies to die for. I would’ve stayed there all day. If I hadn’t already eaten lunch at The Cheesecake Factory I would have been ALL OVER THIS PLACE again and again.
I am hoping to head back to the Morristown area sometime soon and revisit some of my favorite foodie stores at The Mall at Short Hills. Until then I will savor my foodie memories and sulk in my Short Hills Mall envy. I hope you enjoyed “shopping” with me at my top 5 foodie stores at The Mall at Short Hills.
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
I received some giftable items from The Mall at Short Hills through the travel campaign with New Creative Media. All opinions expressed are 100% my own and my family’s. Any additional expenses incurred were my own.