I was invited by Bonefish Grill to sample their seasonal menu and given the authorization to replicate their Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktailrecipe on my blog.
Are you heading to the beach this summer? If you are I have the perfect beach cocktail, the Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktail, courtesy of Bonefish Grill. I was invited by Bonefish Grill to try their new seasonal menu. They also gave me their proprietary recipe for their Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktail so I could share it with you.
About Bonefish Grill’s Seasonal Menu
The fresh fish experts at Bonefish Grill are reaching new heights of flavor with “shore” favorites. Some of the items featured on their Summer seasonal menu include:
- Dynamite-Style Wild Salmon – Wood-Grilled Wild Sockeye Salmon topped with dynamite aioli and feta cheese, served with a summer blend of golden gnocchi, tomatoes, spinach and fresh-shucked corn. From the North Pacific Ocean, sockeye salmon are known as “reds” or “red salmon” because of their dark red-orange flesh that creates a stunning dinner presentation.
- Caribbean Style Dayboat Scallops – This specialty summer indulgence is inspired by the Caribbean islands, featuring sushi-grade caramelized scallops – found along the eastern seaboard – and served with fresh pineapple salsa and vanilla bean rum butter, alongside green beans and jasmine rice.
- Wood-Grilled Grouper & Shrimp – A favorite of many chefs who compare the texture of grouper as “being like a cloud,” it’s cut in-house then lightly blackened and topped with three jumbo shrimp and a fresh citrus aioli, made with zests of orange, lemon and lime.
- Cod Piccata & Lobster Tail Summer Duos: Cod Piccata paired with a 5 – 6 oz. Cold Water Lobster Tail with choice of two fresh sides
- Filet & Lobster Stuffed Shrimp Summer Duos : 8 oz. wood-grilled Filet paired with three Lobster Stuffed Shrimp, with choice of two fresh sides
- Cast off with a Fresh Ceviche Appetizer and dock with Summer Berry Bread Pudding, a house-made brioche bread pudding infused with Grand Marnier and orange zest, served with fresh summer berries, ice cream, whipped cream and salted caramel sauce.
- Raise a glass at half-past-the-yardarm (aka cocktail hour) with the handcrafted favorite Fresh Watermelon Martini – hand-muddled watermelon, house-infused English cucumber and Fris vodka infusion and fresh sour, garnished with frozen watermelon cubes.
Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
The highlight of my meal at Bonefish Grill was their Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktail. This delicious cocktail is a bright and breezy beverage made with rum, Blue Curacao liqueur, Crème de Coconut and fresh pineapple juice, topped with champagne. It was literally one of the best cocktails I have ever had (which if you follow this blog you know that is saying a lot) so when Bonefish Grill gave me the recipe and allowed me to recreate it on my blog I was beyond thrilled.
I decided a dinner at my home with friends was the perfect opportunity to make the Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktail. It’s an easy recipe to make at home with a few ingredients.
- 1.5 oz Rum
- .75 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
- .50 oz Coco Lopez or Crème de Coconut
- 1 oz Fresh Pineapple Juice
- Champagne or Prosecco
- In a large shaking tin or mixing glass, combine all ingredients EXCEPT Prosecco.
- Add Ice & then Shake Vigorously.
- Pour all ingredients in to your final glass for presentation.
- Add ice to glass & top with sparkling Champagne or Prosecco.
- Garnish with flower or cocktail umbrella & enjoy!
- Try using different rums. A coconut rum or a pineapple rum would make this cocktail flavor stand out
- Use Prosecco instead of Champagne. I think to Prosecco makes the cocktail sweeter
- Garnish with flowers, fresh pineapple of a fun cocktail umbrella like I did. Bonefish Grill garnishes this drink with a fresh orchid
- Make a large batch. You could easily whip up the base ingredients of this cocktail in a pitcher, stir and pour into individual glasses when ready to serve, and then top with Prosecco
Local readers of my blog will be delighted to know that Bonefish Grill in Marlton recently renovated their southern New Jersey location. The renovations feature open floor plan, enhanced ambiance and beautiful decor. The new space is simply beautiful.
If you make the Sparkling Blue Hawaiian Cocktail be sure to loop back and tell me what you think so I can share your kudos with Bonefish Grill. It’s definitely Summer in a glass so why not pour yourself one and soak up these last few weeks of sun, sea, sand and fun!