We love a lot of things in this house but there are few staples that we almost always have on hand: hummus, wraps of some kind and an assortment of fresh vegetables. With my garden overflowing the summer goodness I needed a way to use up some of my veggies while also getting lunch on the table. So, the kids and I decided to whip up Roasted Vegetable Hummus Wraps.
To begin, we gathered eggplant, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic and our favorite Lavash wraps and garlic hummus.
The boys took turns preparing the vegetables by chopping and slicing them into manageable bites.
Once the vegetables were ready, we drizzled them with olive oil and gave them a quick sprinkle of sea salt before placing them in the oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
The boys did a great job preparing the vegetables and once they were ready we smeared a lavash wrap with hummus and then filled it with vegetables. I then rolled the wrap into a burrito and sliced it with a serrated knife. Not only was the wrap delicious, but it’s perfect for a quick lunch or a meatless Monday meal.
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice vegetables. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Grab lavash wrap. Spread hummus on lavash wrap and fill with roasted vegetables along one side of the wrap. Roll wrap into burrito-style and slice in the middle.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started.
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Falafel Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- For Mom: Delicious Breakfast Bowl // Momma Lew
- Crunchy Apple Peanut Butter Wrap // Finding Zest
- Italian Ham Pasta Salad // We’re Parents
- Canned Tuna Sushi for Kids // Eating Richly
- Vegetarian Quinoa Chili // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Smoothie Ideas for Back to School // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Superhero Lunchables // My Mini Adventurer