Yummy and delicious Pumpkin Crack Sticks are on the blog today!
Have you heard of crack sticks? They are a popular recipe appearing on a lot of blogs that feature white bread which has been pressed down and flattened and then filled with a cream cheese mixture before coating with melted butter and a cinnamon-sugar coating. They are then baked until crunchy. I have made a few versions of these on my blog including today’s Pumpkin Crack Sticks and also Nutella Sticks.
We were short on time this week so we had to work on a recipe quickly and it only has one of my Mini Chefs in it this week because the older one wanted to read instead (I love my little bookworm).
To begin, we cut the crust off of several slices of white bread and then pressed them down with a rolling pin.
We then filled the bread with a pumpkin filling, dipped it in melted butter and then coated with a cinnamon-sugar mixture before baking in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
They are called crack sticks because they are addicting and these Pumpkin Crack Sticks are no exception.
- 16 slice white bread (crust removed)
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3/4 c butter (melted)
- Flatten bread with a rolling-pin. In a bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. In another bowl melt better. In a final bowl, combine pumpkin puree with 4 tablespoons of sugar and pumpkin pie spice or use pumpkin pie filling. Spread about 1 tablespoon of pumpkin mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in sugar blend. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Best when served warm.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Hot Chocolate Truffle Balls // Courtney’s Sweets
- Slow Cooker Orange Pomegranate Cider // Finding Zest
- Frozen’s Olaf Snowman Cheese Snack for Kids // Eating Richly
- Gingerbread French Toast // Vegging at the Shore
- Handprint Turkey Cookies // My Mini Adventurer
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? These Pumpkin Crack Sticks would be a great addition to your dessert table.