Thank you Trivento for sponsoring this post. Get in the game with Trivento Wine and Major League Soccer!
Turn on your favorite Major League Soccer game and whip up a batch of my Pork Meatballs with Mustard Sauce for a delicious game day appetizer which pairs perfectly with Trivento Wine.
Did I tell you where I spent Mother’s Day this year? On the soccer field, in the rain. I am certainly a true soccer mom.
My soccer-loving family spends a lot of time watching soccer, talking about soccer, practicing for soccer and learning about soccer. One of the best ways to learn the game is by watching MLS Soccer and we almost always have a soccer game on the TV. We have an affinity for local teams so we regularly cheer for the Philadelphia Union, naturally. This Summer we are planning on attending the International World Cup hosted in Philadelphia, PA.
Pork Meatballs with Mustard Sauce
The Pork Meatballs with Mustard Sauce are easy to prepare and a nice twist from traditional game-time foods. The combination of moist and flavorful pork pairs nicely with the punchy flavor of the mustard sauce.
- FOR THE PORK MEATBALLS
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 TBS minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TBS ground mustard
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 4 TBS spicy mustard
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 TBS sour cream
- 1 TBS ground mustard
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 TBS chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- small amount of cornstarch and water to thicken if needed (1 TBS cornstarch and 2 TBS water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump all MEATBALL ingredients into a bowl and combine to mix. Make small meatballs and arrange on a greased cookie sheet in straight lines. Bake at 350 degrees, turning once, for about 20-30 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- For Mustard Sauce, combine wine, mustard, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream and butter over medium heat and reduce until thickened. Thicken with cornstarch if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste and chopped fresh thyme. Garnish with fresh herbs (I used parsley) and serve.
Trivento is the Official Wine of the MLS
Did you know that Trivento is the Major League Soccer’s first official wine partner? Produced on one of the larger estates in Mendoza, Trivento is has an international reputation for producing high-quality wines from Argentina’s premier wine region.
Get in the game and be sure to check out the Trivento-MLS Loyalty program via your mobile device and receive credit for MLS gear and more with every Trivento purchase. Now, who’s a winner?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.