Thanks to Drive Shop for giving me the opportunity to drive the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Opinions expressed are always my own.
The fun never ends and we kicked off our first travel opportunity of 2017 with a Poconos trip in the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
Our first travel opportunity of 2017 kicked off with a trip to Poconos, PA where we were invited to the Inn at Pocono Manor for a fun, family getaway. We drove in style to the Poconos in the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
Before we hit the road we packed up the car with two suitcases, our snow gear (the large maroon bag), jackets and footballs (because, you know – boys!). We were pleased with the storage space in the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. It had just the right amount of storage for a quick weekend getaway.
Once we were packed and ready the boys piled in. The back seat was spacious and had adequate charging options for the boys to keep their devices powered-up throughout the trip.
We had a chance to test the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and so we gladly welcomed the updated model. The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport features a newly redesigned, bold exterior front grille.
The brand’s best-selling CUV features new power folding side mirrors with LED turn indicators, wheel lip moldings, auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink® and a new 18-inch alloy wheel design.
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport comes equipped with lots of quality standard features, including:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel design with tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Soft-touch instrument panel trim
- 4 speaker, 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with steering wheel mounted audio controls
- 60/40 split folding and reclining high-back rear seats with armrest and cup holder
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- Color LCD multi-information display
- Heated side mirrors with LED indicator
- New 18-inch alloy wheel design
- Advanced seven (7) air bag SRS system including driver’s side knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags with occupant seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- Hill Start Assist
The safety features came in handy when we drove straight into some snow. The car handled well in the snow and did not skid or slip, plus the wipers and headlights made it easy for us to maintain proper visibility.
- Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance
MSRP for the model I drove was $27,395. The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport made it easy for us to hit the road and arrive at our destination safely. If you are looking for a mid-size family vehicle, this car may be a great fit for you.
Thanks for wheels Mitsubishi!
Special thanks to DriveShop for lending us this car for one week.