I know what you are thinking. There’s about 10 inches of snow on the ground in my parts and I am posting pictures of bright and sunny margaritas. We are just days away from Spring and I am longing for warm days and extra doses of Vitamin D. As much as I love the snow, this chick needs a bright and sunny day – and soon.
I have always loved margaritas. One of my favorites is my Pomegranate Clementine Margarita. It is also a favorite of my friend, Jackie. What I like about these Pink Grapefruit and Honey Margaritas is they are simple to make and use nothing but whole ingredients and none of that fake sour mix stuff that’s usually filled with preservatives and funky artificial ingredients.
Ready for the recipe?
- 2 whole pink grapefruit
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 teaspoons of orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3-4 dry measuring cups of ice
- Margarita salt for rim of glass
- Colored sugar crystals (I used orange and yellow)
- Wedge of grapefruit for garnish
- Mix margarita salt and colored sugar crystals on a small plate. Moisten margarita glass rim by taking a wedge of grapefruit and rimming the glass with the wedge. Dip moistened rim in margarita salt and colored sugar mix. Squeeze or juice the grapefruit to make freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice (my grapefruit yielded approximately 1 cup of fresh juice). Add juice to blender and pour in tequila, triple sec, orange juice, honey and ice. Blend until smooth and frothy. For a more frozen effect, add more ice. Pour mixture into margarita glass and garnish with grapefruit wedge. Makes two large margaritas.
I am having one of my good friends, Tina, of Life Without Pink, over this weekend for homemade pizza, board games and drinks. Last time she was supposed to come over we were snowed out (or in for that matter) so we had to cancel. She was supposed to come over on the eve of National Margarita Day and margaritas were on the menu. I have a few other ideas for cocktails this time but I just might decide to make these Pink Grapefruit and Honey Margaritas – we shall see.
Whatever the occasion, these Pink Grapefruit and Honey Margaritas are sure to please and will leave you wishing you were wasting the days away in Margaritaville.
Enjoy and Cheers!
PS – Wish me luck that the weather holds out so Tina and I can have our game night!
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps.