Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps is participating in a Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party with some of my favorite fellow bloggers. Progressive Dinner Parties are usually held in neighborhoods. Each house serves a different part of the meal and the party “progresses” from house to house. The theme for this Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party is “Hot and Cold.”
No party is complete without your favorite party girl (me) and in true Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps style I am bringing a very popular beer cocktail to the party, the Moscow Mule Drink.
Before we get this party started, I am going to show you how to make a great beer cocktail, the Moscow Mule Drink. This light and refreshing beer cocktail is great for those summer outdoor celebrations or when you just want to serve something a little different for your next get together. Most often served in a copper mug, the Moscow Mule Drink was a very popular drink in 1950 during the vodka craze and can now be seen on the popular show Mad Men.
For the drink, you will need:
- 1 ounce of good vodka (I used Skyy)
- 3-4 ounces of Ginger Beer (I used Crabbies)
- 1 teaspoon of simple syrup or liquid sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw Liquid Sugar)
- 1/4 ounce of lime juice
- 2 spearmint leaves
- 1 slice lime
In a copper mug or cocktail glass, pour vodka over ice. Add sugar syrup and lime juice. Top with ginger beer and stir. Garnish with mint sprig and lime slice.
Now, I don’t have a copper mug in my assortment of mugs and cups, so I opted to serve mine in a nice, tall glass and present it more as a summer cooler. For a Mad Men or 50’s style themed party, I would certainly make a point of trying to serve the Moscow Mule in a copper mug.
The Moscow Mule Drink is such a great beer cocktail and will definitely help to get the party started! Make sure you check out all of the other Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party participants; this is sure to be the party of the year! To get the full Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party blog hop experience, click the links below in order:
- Diapered Daze and Knights- Tuna Salad Rolls
- The Fabulous Food Fairy- Roasted Tomato Caprice in Garlic Bread Bowls
- Worthington Lower- Chili Layered Dip
- Chockababy- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
- Life at the BAT Cave- Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- Life Without Pink- Homemade Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Look What Mom Found- Dad Too!- Veggie and Pasta Summer Salad
- Real: The Kitchen and Beyond- Blackberry Melon Lemonade
- Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps- Moscow Mule Beer Cocktails
- The Vintage Mom- Kale and Zucchini Meatloaf
- Souffle Bombay- Lettuce Wraps
- the whole-y grail- Family Friendly Grilled Pizza 5 Ways
- Whatever Works- Spicy Sausage & Arugula Pasta
Coffee, Tea & Dessert
- An Opera Singer in the Kitchen- Dark Chocolate Berry Cake
- Will’s World- S’mores Frozen Coffee
- A Grande Life- No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- The Naughty Mommy- Key Lime Pie
- Legos and Lattes- Vanilla Spiced Chai Lattes
- The Turnip Farmer- Vodka Gummi Bears
Decorations, Outfits and Music
- Crafty Garden Mama- Eco Friendly Entertaining
- Finnegan and the Hughes- Dressing the Kiddos
- Honey Badger Mom- Progressive Party Playlist, Playa!
Now, that’s what I call a party! By using this diverse menu and these great party planning tips you can now host your own party without feeling stressed.