This Grilled Fish and Taco recipe is a sponsored post in collaboration with El Yucateco®. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingofFlavor, #FlavorRocksNTL #CollectiveBias
Are you ready for Summer? Nothing excites me more than the idea of warm weather, lighter fare and my favorite Summer tunes filling the warm air. Adding spice to the Summer music scene is El Yucateco®, the #1 authentic habanero sauce, which will now be available at select stadiums and The House of Blues. To make your Summer even sweeter, you can have a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime musical experience + gift cards awarded weekly!
But with El Yucateco®, everyone is a winner! Print this coupon at home from now until July for $1.00 off purchase of 3 bottles.
When it comes to the perfect Summer food, nothing says Summer more to me than Grilled Fish and Shrimp Tacos. They are perfect dish to kick off your everyday music adventures this Summer. El Yucateco® is convenient and easy to carry with you all Summer long. Throw it in your purse or beach bag for when you are on-the-go to your next festival, concert, beach bash or event.
About El Yucateco®
Did you known El Yucateco® is the #1 consumer choice. It’s made from habaneros hand picked from the fields and then handcrafted to deliver rich flavor with just the right amount of heat. For this recipe I used the Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce and then topped the finished dish with the Red Habanero Hot Sauce. You can find both varieties, as well as others, wherever Latin foods are sold. I found my hot sauce at my local ShopRite in the Hispanic aisle.
- Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce – Created from fire roasted habanero’s this rich smoky sauce stands out from all others with it’s unique flavor and appearance. This is our newest addition to the line and best used when cooking. This sauce has an earthy smoke flavor without the sweetness of a chipotle sauce. The smokey flavor of this sauce brings depth, habanero flavor and the perfect amount of heat to any dish without adding an overpowering smoke taste. Best paired with red meats and hearty stews or chili. Also amazing with chocolate! No artificial coloring added.
- Red Habanero Hot Sauce – Made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings. Our red habanero sauce is the perfect “all purpose” sauce. It packs a little more kick then the average hot sauce but with far less vinegar, so you get the true flavor of the pepper when you add this sauce to any dish. Our red habanero is a great fit for everything from a Bloody Mary to Shrimp Cocktail or Wings.
El Yucateco is such a part of my everyday meal routine – this stuff runs through my veins. I always have it on hand to enhance the flavor of my favorite foods like vegetables, meats, seafoods and even eggs. I literally put it on everything.
This dish really comes together so easily. I used my favorite kitchen hack by cooking my fish and shrimp indoors on my grill pan, which I covered with parchment paper. I then filled the tacos with my favorite toppings including cilantro, red onion, cabbage, avocado, lime and then topped it with even more El Yucateco® hot sauce. Yum, yum!
- 2 cod fillets
- 8-10 medium shrimp
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco® Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce
- half an orange, juiced
- half a lime, juiced
- 6 corn tortillas, soft
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cabbage
- sliced onion
- sliced avocado
- Red Habanero Hot Sauce as a condiment
- Slice cod fillets into bite strips. Peel and devein shrimp. Add to bowl. Marinade fish in shrimp by adding juice of one lime and one orange, minced garlic, olive oil and 2 tablespoons El Yucateco® Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Heat grill and cook fish and shrimp until done. Warm tortillas and fill with pieces of fish and shrimp. Top with cabbage, red onion, cilantro, avocado and top with fresh lime. Serve warm.