Can I just tell you how excited I am for this weekend’s game? I have recipe tested a couple of finger foods and have some great winners ready for Sunday. One of my latest obsessions is my Asian Wonton Nachos. These Asian Wonton Nachos start with simple pulled pork (I made mine in the crock pot while I was at work) and then a quick layer of fresh ingredients. I should note, this recipe definitely has a hint of spice but the heat can be lowered to better suit your tastes. I like things a little spicy so this was the perfect amount of heat for me.
What makes this recipe so unique is the Asian Wonton Nachos are made using wonton wrappers. Wonton wrappers are a great addition to your refrigerator. They are incredibly versatile and a fantastic way to mix things up a bit and keep things creatively fun. I have used wonton wrappers in a savory dish, like my Asian Wonton Nachos, but also in sweet dishes by sprinkling the wrappers in cinnamon and sugar. Plus, I love that wonton wrappers are relatively inexpensive and easy to find.
This recipe is a keeper. Ready for it?
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 1 lb cooked pulled pork
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (scallions)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
- fresh lime wedges (optional)
- Place cooked pulled pork in large frying pan. Add chile garlic sauce and white wine to pork. Stir and cook over medium heat covered until pork is warm and fully dressed in sauce. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stack wonton wrappers in sets of 4 and cut a diagonal across the wrappers to create triangle shaped chips. Continue until all wrappers have been cut. Assemble chips on baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and place in oven for about 5 minutes (watch closely to prevent burning). Once nachos are cooked, begin assembling nachos. Place nachos on large serving platter, top each nacho with about a tablespoon of pulled pork, 2 red pepper slices, a small spoonful of green onion, one slice of carrot, one jalapeno, sprinkle with sesame seed, sprinkle with fresh parsley and drizzle with a hint fresh squeezed lime juice (optional). Serve warm.
These Asian Wonton Nachos are so delicious and hearty enough to enjoy as an appetizer or a meal. If having as a meal, maybe serve with a side of steamed edamame for an extra punch of protein.
I love these Asian Wonton Nachos and think they are the perfect game day recipe. Here are some other great MUST TRY recipes that are perfect for the big game or anytime you have a case of the munchies.
Sausage Platter by All Things Chic
Pace Picante Phyllo Party Cups by An Opera Singer in the Kitchen
Ultimate Party Meatballs by Mommy Entourage
Snicker Popcorn by Classy Mommy
Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Souffle Bombay
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps.