National Ice Cream Day may have passed but isn’t ice cream something you enjoy all year long? We didn’t have a lot of time on our hands this week so we kept our Mini Chef Mondays recipe short and sweet with these Dipped Sprinkled Ice Cream Cones. They couldn’t be easier to make and lots of fun to whip together on a hot Summer day.
The boys and I gathered melt chocolate and candy wafers, sprinkles, mini marshmallows and sugar cones.
We took turns coming up with fun combinations to dip the ice cream cones and figuring out which color combinations we liked the most.
I couldn’t help but like the pink with rainbow sprinkle combination the most.
We let them set for a few minutes before topping with our favorite ice cream flavors.
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips / 1 cup melting candy wafers
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2.5 ounce container Colored Sprinkles
- Ice Cream Cones
- Put chocolate chips / candy wafers and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds and stir until chips/wafers are completely melted. (Repeat if necessary, but careful not to scorch the chocolate.) In the meantime, prepare muffin tin by pouring an assortment of sprinkles and marshmallows into the cups and filling the rest with the ice cream cones.
- Once the chocolate is melted, take an ice cream cone and dip the rim into the chocolate and then dip it into the sprinkles. Allow the chocolate-dipped and sprinkled ice cream cone to set. The chocolate will re-harden within a few minutes. If you want the chocolate to set faster, you can put the cones in the refrigerator or freezer. Top with your favorite ice cream and enjoy.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Fruit // Courtney’s Sweets
- Quick and Easy Fudge Recipe // Momma Lew
- Berry Kiwi Cooler // Finding Zest
- Blueberry Lime Cupcakes // We’re Parents
- Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe // Eating Richly
- Lavender Blueberry Ice Pops // Vegging at the Shore
- Fresh Peach Sorbet // My Mini Adventurer