Oh my yum! I swear, these Mini Chef Mondays posts produce some of the most delicious recipes. I’m not sure what it is about these posts but the idea of collaborating with my kids brings out a ton of creativity and today’s recipe is no different. These Dessert Tacos are super easy to make and are perfect for this week’s Cinco de Mayo festivities.
The deliciousness begins with a few simple ingredients such as flour tortillas, vanilla ice cream, strawberries, chocolate syrup, chocolate sprinkles and cinnamon and sugar.
We prepared for the recipe by whipping up a batch of cinnamon-sugar which we used to coat the fried flour tortillas before filling them with vanilla ice cream and topping with sliced strawberries, chocolate syrup and sprinkles.
Many of the tasks for these Dessert Tacos are perfect for little hands to prepare and simple enough to make with the kids for a quick dessert that is bound to please the sweetest of sweet tooths.
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 small flour tortillas, use small size or cut small rounds from larger ones
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate sprinkles
- In a large shallow dish mix together the granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Set to the side.
- In a large skillet heat the canola oil until hot. Place one tortilla in the skillet cook for 10 seconds then using tongs flip over. Remove from the skillet, drain quickly on a paper towel. Dip both sides in the cinnamon sugar. Shake excess cinnamon sugar off and quickly fold while tortilla is still warm. Repeat until all the taco shells are cooked. Once the taco shells are cooked, filled tacos with 1-2 small scoops of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles. Serve quickly.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Cherry Avocado Smoothie Bowl // Courtney’s Sweets
- Zucchini Meatballs // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Lime Ice Pops // Baby Loving Mama
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa // We’re Parents
- Edible Mother’s Day Gifts // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Dessert Tacos // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Perfect for Brunch Blintz Souffle // Vegging at the Shore
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Leather // O’Boy! Organic
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Popsicles // Can’t Google Everything