Welcome to the first full day of Summer! Schools been out for the Mini Chefs for a few days and we are already embracing the first few days of Summer with a surprise Summer adventure. Since we are not in the kitchen this week we thought we’d pull together a list of our favorite Must Make Summer Treats that your kids can help with in the kitchen.
We’ve gathered a collection of 5 Must Make Summer Treats from some of our favorite blogger buddies. As soon as we are back in the kitchen the GGG boys and I will be whipping up some of these treats to help keep us cool as Summer long.
- The first, and my favorite, on the list of 5 Must Make Summer Treats is this DIY Philadelphia Style Lime Water Ice from my good friend Colleen of Souffle Bombay. I love water ice and I’m completely obsessed with the color Colleen created with this frozen treat. Plus, she had some little helpers in the kitchen with her which makes this perfect for Mini Chef Monday!
- The next pick for the list are homemade M&M Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies from my friend Melissa of the Farm Girl Gabs. I love how Melissa created a homemade treat that feels nostaligic yet simple-enough to make with the kids.
- You might remember this one from a few weeks back. This is a favorite in our house and something I’ve been making with the GGG boys for years. Cookies and cream is always a hit in our house and this Cookies and Cream Milkshake is a total Mini Chef winner!
- Strawberry-Kiwi Granita Shooters are another fun cool treat to help welcome in Summer. If you are making these for the kiddos you definitely want to omit the tequila (for obvious reasons) but that doesn’t mean they aren’t just as good, plus you’ll get the kids to eat some fruit!
- Lastly, what’s Summer without Ice Cream Cones? Here, Jo Lynne Shane shares this super easy recipe for Dipped and Sprinkled Ice Cream Cones and they don’t get any easier than this! These remind me of the perfect Summer treat.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Sundae Fundays Mini Chef Mondays // Courtney’s Sweets
- 6 Reasons to Take Your Kids to a Pick Your Own Farm // Momma Lew
- Patriotic Potato Chip Candy // Finding Zest
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Recipe // We’re Parents
- The Best Finger Foods For Baby // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Vegetarian Crockpot Baked Beans // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Tuscan Style Pizza // My Mini Adventurer