We were invited to our friend’s house for dinner this weekend and were charged with bringing dessert. We love to entertain just as much as we love to be entertained and I often feel guilty going to a friend’s house with something store bought. Don’t get me wrong, when I’m short on time I definitely will bring something from the store but most of the time I try to bring something homemade to complement the homemade meal. My friend was making lasagna so I decided to bring Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Parfait to her house, along with some homemade cookies, for dessert.
The boys were all about making their Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Parfait.
They were charged with assembling the ingredients, smashing the brownies into the bottom of the cup and mixing the pudding and the peanut butter mousse. They left the hard part of layering to me.
We used a couple of shortcuts for the Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Parfait including store bought mini brownies, boxed pudding mix and peanut butter cups. Before we knew it, we had beautiful layered parfaits ready to go.
We definitely packed on the chocolate pudding, since that’s a household favorite. The peanut butter mousse is so rich, you really don’t want to put too much or the dessert will be overwhelming. We then chilled them for about an hour after they were assembled.
- 16 mini brownie bites
- 2 boxes of chocolate pudding, prepared according to directions
- 1/2 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 6 mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Prepare boxed pudding and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and milk with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until mixture is smooth. Press one brownie into the bottom of cup and layer pudding, mousse and brownie in alternating layers until parfait is fully assembled. Top with peanut butter cup.
- TIP: Fill a large storage bag with peanut butter mousse and cut tip. Pipe into parfait in a circular fashion.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- How To Grow Green Onions From Scraps // Courtney’s Sweets
- Finding Dory Inspired Food Art // Momma Lew
- Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade // Finding Zest
- Pina Colada Smoothie // We’re Parents
- 15 Edible Father’s Day Gifts the Dad Will Love // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Parfait // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Simple Carrot Cherry Salad // Vegging at the Shore
- Easy and Healthy Homemade Jello // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Ravioli // My Mini Adventurer