I was invited to dinner by California Pizza Kitchen, Cherry Hill. I received a complimentary meal for me and my family. As always opinions are my own.
The holidays were an absolute blur. We were the busiest we’ve been in years so the invitation from California Pizza Kitchen to come in and try their ‘Next Chapter’ menu was an invitation completely welcomed. I love dining out and I especially love that said invitation came around the holidays when I was already stretched to the limits.
My family and I were invited to California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) to try their new ‘Next Chapter’ menu. With a focus on high quality, fresh and seasonal ingredients, inventive main plates, hand-crafted cocktails and premium wines alongside classic CPK favorites, the new and expanded menu is part of CPK’s transformational “Next Chapter” initiative, which is rolling out to CPK locations nationwide.
As soon as we sat down we were greeted with a diverse menu filled with tasty offerings.
Alongside classics like the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, salads and pastas, highlights of CPK’s new menu include:
- Fire-Grilled Ribeye (pictured above) cooked with house-made pinot noir sea salt, topped with creamy bleu cheese butter and served with roasted fingerling potatoes and lemon-garlic wild arugula salad
- Hearth-Roasted Halibut, wild caught from Alaska and roasted on a cedar plank with butternut squash farro, grilled asparagus and baby kale
- Shareable flatbreads and small plates, like Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower, featuring fresh cauliflower florets fried to a golden brown with buttermilk batter, tossed in housemade Sriracha buffalo sauce and topped with a salad of celery, Gorgonzola and cilantro
- Rotating, featured seasonal dishes, hand-tossed pizzas and more
CPK’s new hand-crafted cocktails feature premium spirits with fresh fruit purées and herbs, such as California Roots, made with fresh avocado, shaken smooth with Svedka vodka, mint and lime, with a fennel salt rim; Blueberry Ginger Smash, with fresh muddled blueberries, lime and cranberry with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and Domaine de Canton Ginger; Coconut Blossom, with Hangar 1 Mandarin Blossom vodka, Casamigos Tequila Blanco, fresh agave sour, coconut purée and fresh pineapple, and more.
Featured fresh-made sangrias including Orchard Sangria, a refreshing blend of white wine, St. Germain Elderflower, Monin Stone Fruit, orange & cranberry juice, Red-Berry Sangria, with a rich blend of red wine, Rémy VSOP, Monin Blackberry, raspberry purée, cranberry juice and lemonade and Beehive Sangria, a sweet blend of white wine, Cointreau, Monin Lavender, strawberry purée, honey and lemon. You can enjoy your favorite or sample all three with CPK’s new Sangria Flight (which I totally recommend).
The ‘Next Chapter’ menu also includes an updated wine list featuring premium California wines from Buena Vista, Mark West, Sonoma-Cutrer, Napa Cellars and CPK’s custom blend by KOZ, and for those seeking something bubbly, Le Grand Courtâge Blanc de Blancs Brut.
Eating with the Season
Celebrating the flavors and freshest ingredients, CPK recently introduced its newest seasonal menu, featuring:
- Wild Mushroom Strozzapreti, rolled pasta noodles with pan-sautéed Cremini, Portobello and seasonal mushrooms, Parmesan, and fresh thyme & parsley
- Brussels + Bacon Flatbread, roasted Brussels sprouts with sweet caramelized onions, Nueske’s Applewood smoked bacon, creamy goat cheese, Romano and cracked black pepper
- Roasted Garlic Chicken + Seasonal Brussels Sprouts, sautéed chicken breast in lemon-garlic sauce with hearth-roasted fingerling potatoes, cauliflower, Mediterranean herbs and seasonal Brussels sprouts
- Blood Orange Sangria, our premium seasonal sangria with Bacardi Limon, Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, St. Germain Elderflower, blood orange purée and fresh agave nectar
We tried a wide variety of menu offerings:
- Tuscan Hummus
- Avocado Club Egg Rolls
- Brussels and Bacon Flatbread
- California Club Pizza
- Carne Asada Pizza (hands down our favorite of the night)
- Fire-Grilled Ribeye
We were so full from our meal that we didn’t even have room for dessert, can you believe it?
Our Meal was Simply Perfect.
The new CPK menu encourages diners to seek unique and seasonal flavor combinations. We were blown away by the quality of the food, the diverse menu and the attentive service at the California Pizza Kitchen Cherry Hill. We can’t wait to go back. If you haven’t gone, make sure to head on over. It’s a definite GGG winner.
I was invited to dinner by California Pizza Kitchen Cherry Hill. I received a complimentary meal for me and my family. As always opinions are my own.