Welcome to another Mini Chef Monday! Today we are tackling the art of Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn.
Popcorn is huge in my house. The kids absolutely love it and I like giving to them because it’s not your average sugar-filled snack. We particularly like to make our own popcorn and steer clear of the pre-packaged variety. One of our favorite ways to make popcorn is to air pop either on the stove or to make brown bag microwave popcorn.
Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn has to be one of my favorite kitchen hacks. You literally pour popcorn kernels into a bag, fold it down and place it in the microwave for a few minutes and it’s done. My kids go crazy for this method and love the idea of customizing their popped popcorn after it’s done with their favorite combination of flavors.
To start, we measured a cup of popcorn kernels and poured the kernels into a large brown paper bag. We then loosely folded to the very top of the bag over to keep the kernels inside the bag once they begin to pop.
My youngest did the honors of placing the bag into the microwave and we microwaved it for about 5 minutes or until the popping sound slowed down.
After a few short minutes we had a large bag of fresh popped popcorn.
You could easily enjoy the popcorn straight out of the brown bag with just a pinch of salt, however, we decided to make an herbed-butter popcorn.
To jazz up our popcorn a bit, the boys filled a large bowl with the popcorn and added some additional flavors. For this particular recipe we added butter, salt, Parmesan cheese and chives to the popcorn.
The result was simple, homemade popcorn with a gourmet feel. We served it up in individual serving-size bowls and it was ready to be enjoyed.
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried chives
- Place popcorn kernels in a large brown bag and pop in the microwave as directed in the post. Add popcorn to a large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Combine butter and chives together and drizzle the popcorn with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Easy Fruit Salad Recipe for Valentine’s Day // Courtney’s Sweets
- Red Velvet Waffles // Momma Lew
- Homemade Cherry Banana Ice Cream // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats // We’re Parents
- Chocolate & Sprinkle Coated Shortbread Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Best Lactation Cookies Recipe // Eating Richly
- Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Chicken & Broccoli Quesadilla // Step Stool Chef
- Farro with Roasted Vegetables // Vegging at the Shore
- Chocolate Strawberry Puppy Chow // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Ambrosia Salad // O’Boy! Organic
- Cinnamon Sugar Dessert Preussens // Can’t Google Everything