On Sunday, March 9th, 2014 Fair Food will celebrate The Brewer’s Plate 10th Anniversary at the Kimmel Center. The Brewer’s Plate brings together some of best Philadelphia-area restaurants and brew masters for a jam packed event filled with celebrity guests, exclusive beers, amazing pairings, and much more. The Brewer’s Plate is the original trailblazer of the beer and food pairing movement in Philadelphia—one of the first to introduce the region’s blossoming throngs of foodies and beer geeks to the concept. This year marks The Brewer’s Plate 10th Anniversary. Ten years of fresh, locally produced food and award-winning craft beers all right here in the great city of brotherly love and like most things it continues to get better with age.
The Brewer’s Plate stresses its “buy fresh, buy local” mantra while bringing together our region’s outstanding chefs, farmers, food artisans, brewers, distillers, and winemakers for the benefit of the most discerning critics, bloggers and guests.
Attendees of The Brewer’s Plate 10th Anniversary can expect a full line-up of exclusive treats including EATS from Philadelphia favorites including Alla Spina, Amada, Brauhaus Schmitz, Distrito, Franklin Fountain, Iron Hill Brewery and DRINKS from Brooklyn Brewery, Free Will Brewery, Prism Beer, Philadelphia Brewing Company and Weyerbacher Brewing.
Starting at 5:30pm, VIP access includes an extra hour of the festival (General Admission starts at 6:30pm).
- New this year: Special VIP keepsake tasting glasses.
- Exclusive access to a select tier of the Kimmel Center with a bevy of restaurants and food artisans, providing tastes of amazing cheeses, charcuterie, chocolates—and of course, an impressive list of select craft beers.
- Victory Brewing Company teamed up with the crew from Sam Adams (have you checked out their PA brewing facility?!) and will be creating a beer to be served only in VIP at the Brewer’s Plate! After that you’ll have to travel to Victory’s brewpub in Downingtown or make a trip up to Boston just to get taste.
- Seven Garces Group Restaurants, along with the Garces Catering Group, will vie for bragging rights in the “Sausage Showdown: The Best of the Wurst” – a sausage and beer pairing competition. Each creation, including a vegetarian/vegan option, will be carefully paired with delicious brews from Victory Brewing Company and Sam Adams. Iron Chef Jose Garces and a team of celebrity judges – Philadelphia Eagle’s Brent Celek, Victory Brewing Company’s Bill Covaleski, Fair Food’s Ann Karlen, and NBC10’s Sheena Parveen with Marc Summers as emcee – will take on the duties of crowning Philly’s own Abe Froman.
- And, of course, the coveted swag bag, chock full of local goodies and tempting treats.
Tickets and more information are available on www.brewersplate.com.
General Admission tickets:
- First 300 tickets: $55 – SOLD OUT!
- Next 300 tickets : $65
- Next 300 tickets: $75
VIP tickets (only 300 tickets sold!):
- First 100 tickets: $115 – SOLD OUT!
- Next 100 tickets: $125
- Final 100 tickets: $135
I can’t wait to attend on Sunday. I will be post live from the event on all of my social media channels. If you are there make sure we connect and let’s grab a bite together and give a quick toast to the good life. The Brewer’s Plate: The culinary adventure that always delivers.
This article was written by food and beer blogger Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps.