This post contains affiliate links
Are you ready for some football? No, seriously, are you ready? If you find yourself panicked when thinking about the big game, never fear! Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps has your back. This Girls Guide to the Big Game has all the information you need for this weekend’s Super Bowl.
Knowing a little bit about the big game makes watching the game more enjoyable, plus you can wow you hubby or boyfriend with a few football facts here and there. (Hint: guys think girls talking football is totally hot!)
Here’s my handy Girls Guide to the Big Game.
– Two teams, the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks will battle for the championship title. The Denver Broncos are favored to win by 2.5 points.
– If you want to coordinate your outfits for the big game you should know:
The Denver Broncos colors are orange and blue.
The Seattle Seahawks colors are blue, bright green and silver.
– The game will be played in NEW JERSEY – not New York. Come on now, show my state some respect.
– Quarterbacks for the teams include Peyton Manning (age 37) for the Denver Broncos and Russell Wilson (age 25) for the Seattle Seahawks. Peyton is the more seasoned player of the two. Wilson reached the Super Bowl in just his second season.
– In addition to the general fanfare that comes with the Super Bowl, this will be also be a big game for Bronco’s player Peyton Manning and his legacy. If the Broncos win, Manning would become the first starting quarterback to win Super Bowl titles with two franchises.
– Opera singer Renee Fleming will sing the National Anthem prior to start of the game. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. EST so expect her to sing around 6:25 p.m. followed by the coin toss. You can watch the Super Bowl on CBS.
– Swooner and crooner Bruno Mars will perform for the halftime show which is sponsored by Pepsi. The halftime show will likely begin around 8:00 p.m. EST. (Note: My favorite Bruno Mars song is Treasure)
– Expect big ads and commercials. At $4 million dollars a pop for a 30 second spot advertisers are hoping to capture your attention and create some buzz. I saw a few previews and I am especially looking forward to ads from Volkswagen, Budweiser, Go Daddy and Doritos.
– If you have little guys and gals to tend to during the game like I do, try to make it fun for them too. For the Big Game I have the following activities planned:
- Plenty of kid-friendly food and drinks
- Give each kid a Nerf football to play with during the game and tell them to practice their touchdown dance every time a team scores
- Print out football coloring pages and ask them to color the page to go along with the team they are rooting for
- Play Super Bowl Commercial Bingo – I just love this idea
- Themed desserts. We will have orange and blue and blue and green jello as well as decorated cupcakes
I absolutely love Super Bowl Sunday and can’t wait for the game. My husband and I have been watching the game together since we started dating and it has become our long-standing tradition. Whatever your plans are for game time I hope you have the best day ever! I hope you enjoyed my Girls Guide to the Big Game.
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps.
This post contains affiliate links to support GGG.