Day 14: What’s on my iPod?– 31 Day March Blog Challenge
My 31 Day March Blog Challenge for today, day 14, is to give you a glimpse of my music taste by sharing with you what’s on my iPod.
I admit it, I have the most random music taste. I literally love nearly all styles of music. I’ve written about my music love before
and even published an article about the role music would play during my first pregnancy and subsequent labor
I am fortunate enough to work from home once in a while. I absolutely love when I get to work from home for a variety of reasons: 1). I can be an introvert at times and sometimes the whole office dynamic-thing makes me feel a little overwhelmed; 2). I can get a ton done because my home computer is a million times better than my work computer; and 3). I get to sit in my home office while the kids are at school and crank out music from my iTunes.
Usually, when working from home, I open up my iTunes and hit shuffle and let the computer work its magic and comb through the nearly 6,000 songs I have. Yes, you read that correctly. I have 6,000 songs in my iTunes account. I am a music buff. I know the words to nearly every song imaginable and I purchase music regularly.
So, for today, to respond to the prompt of what’s on my iPod, I decided to just write down the first twenty songs which appeared in my shuffle today. Here they are …
- Jezebel – Sade
- Gumbo – Phish
- Killing Me Softly – The Fugees
- The Ballad of John and Yoko – The Beatles
- Drumming Machine – Florence and the Machine
- Take Me For What I Am – Rent Soundtrack
- Fall To Pieces – Velvet Revolver
- Garden – Pearl Jam
- So Much to Say – Dave Matthews Band
- Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
- Rehab - Amy Winehouse
- Holiday – Madonna
- Power to the People – John Lennon
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – UB40 (off The Sliver soundtrack)
- Timshel – Mumford and Sons
- Shameless – Garth Brooks
- King of Pain – The Police
- Don’t Speak – No Doubt
- Shut Up – Black Eyed Peas
- Ice – Sarah McLachlan
Each song was like a little gift. Just me and the music taking me through the day. There you have it – a peek into what”s on my iPod.
Note: Affiliate links are included to help support Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps