Happy March! Can you believe it? The past couple of months have gone by so fast. I fee like I blinked and February was gone. Today I am starting something kind of fun, a 31-day blog challenge (#31daymarch).
A blog challenge is where you write one post a day over a certain time period (usually a month) and write about a certain topic. Once the post is live, you are to link-up with the blog challenge creator and share what you wrote for that topic/day while also checking out what other bloggers wrote about for the daily topic. There are blog challenges for everything, Christmas Blog Challenges, Summer Blog Challenges, 365 day Blog Challenges – you get the point.
For March, I decided to take part in a blog challenge and I decided to do it for a couple of reasons. 1). I am in a total slump and I thought maybe it would help me shake it; 2). Sometimes I don’t always want to write about Food and Drink and 3). It’s a good way to force me to write everyday.
After seeing a ton of blog challenges I finally came across on which I liked, the #31daymarch blog challenge found on Fabulous Finds by Tiffany.
So, here we are, March 1st, day one of the #31daymarch blog challenge and I am supposed to post a self-portrait and share with you five random facts about myself. Ready? Let’s go.
I cheated on my self-portrait. I am not the kind of person to take portraits of myself with my phone or camera but I do have one of my eye after I had fake eyelashes installed. I was so in love with my eyelashes I had to take a pic.
Now, for the five random facts. I have some doozies for you.
- I was a featured extra in the movie Invincible, which was filmed in Philadelphia. I went to an open casting call, auditioned and got selected to be a featured extra. By being a featured extra I was fitted for wardrobe, had my hair and make-up done and shot some scenes. I was only on set for one day and in the end my scene never made it into the movie. It was an awesome experience and I actually had the chance to speak with Mark Wahlberg (who in my mind is my famous actor-imaginary boyfriend).
- Here’s another brush with fame. I worked as a Trainer for Planet Hollywood when it opened in Atlantic City (this location closed in 2005). I was selected to help lead the Hostess department during the restaurant’s Grand Opening Celebration. During the Grand Opening I met Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Wilis and Demi Moore (who were married at the time), Engelbert Humperdinck, Whoopi Goldberg, Gerard Depardieu and Andrew Shue. I was 19 years old and it was the best job ever.
- I am a former pageant girl. My greatest claim to fame was as the Second Runner-Up for the Miss Vineland competition. I quit after that pageant.
- I had a destination wedding! I was married on February 10, 2001 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Here’s a pic from my beautiful wedding. I still get goose bumps when I see pictures from my wedding.
- My first car was a black pick-up truck with pink stripes.
There you have it, my first entry for the #31daymarch blog challenge. I plan to mix it up over the next month, keeping up with the blog challenge, while also posting the regular stuff I normally post (food and drink recipes, other fun foodie stuff and great product reviews).
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s next blog challenge post!