Happy Friday! As I sit here preparing for our first major snow storm of the season, I am daydreaming about my time in Turks and Caicos and my stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort and Spa. I still think about this vacation nearly everyday – it was simply magical. We went with very good friends and had a blast with our kids soaking in all of the island’s beauty.
My kids still talk about this vacation also – there was just so much for them to do. If you are thinking about visiting Turks with your family, you will appreciate my list of the Top 10 Great Kids Activities at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort and Spa:
- Enjoy the pools. Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort and Spa has four villages with each village having their own impressive pool. Our favorite villages included the French Village and the Italian Village.
- Visit the on-site Pirate Island Waterpark: The waterpark at the resort is 45,000 square feet and includes water slides, a lazy river, water canons, pop-up jets and more. Super fun!
- Hang-ten on the surf simulator – This was super fun! We loved watching the boys wipe out and even a few adults (AHEM, hubbies) got into the action.
- Visit the XBOX room – This place was a kids dream! My game-loving fellas were in gamer heaven. There were so many games to choose from and it was a nice (and cool) break from all of the outdoor activities. We visited the XBOX room a lot during our trip and even hung out there after dinner on some nights.
- Play foosball or pool! – The resort had pool tables and foosball games to provide additional entertainment. If you are feeling a little competitive, you can even play teams. (BONUS TIP: The ice cream shop is located right next to the gaming area. SCORE!)
- Raining? Take the games indoors – At the start of our stay, we made sure to visit the Game Hut on the resort and grab a couple of board games for those times when we needed to keep the boys occupied or when it was raining. The board games were a great distraction while waiting for the parents to get ready.
- Cook at Kimonos – Kimonos was by far our favorite restaurant. We had an amazing Chef who not only kept us VERY entertained, but made sure our boys had a blast. He even let my little guy cook.
- Book an excursion – We booked an excursion via Island Routes for the Island Vibes Kitty Katt Cruise. This 3 hour excursion included boarding a 65-ft. “Kitty Katt” catamaran cruise which took us to one of Turks and Caicos’ most stunning coral reefs, where we snorkeled and swam.Then the “Kitty Katt” took us to Iguana Island before ending with a fun slide down the “Kitty Katt’s” 8-ft. tube slide.
- Explore the reefs – Post excursion we had the desire to snorkel again so we decided to take a short walk down the beach from the resort and snorkel at the reefs. You can grab gear from the resort and use it for two hours. I absolutely recommend it.
- Search for shells – You can’t leave Turks and Caicos, surrounded by the world’s most beautiful beaches and not search for shells. We had a lot of fun talking to the locals on the beach and blowing into the conch shells.
Ahhhh, absolute paradise. Can I go back? I’d much rather be building a sandcastle than building a snowman.
Thinking about a trip? Go ahead – book that amazing vacation and make sure to keep this list of Top 10 Great Kids Activities at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort and Spa handy.
I was invited to stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort & Spa as part of the #BeachesMoms conference. I received a significant discount on my stay.